• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Morrison Family

Gags

Hi
I’m researching the Morrison family History.. my mum was from Birmingham- her Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother Hugh and Elisabeth Morrison (Nee Cairns) were living in Gooch Street in 1879 when their son George was born. They had moved from Glasgow (possibly Greenock) where their other children had been born ....I don’t know the year they moved. I wondered if anyone had any possible connections?

hi and welcome..you have posted in the general discussion section but if you scroll down the main page you will see we have a section for surname interests so i will move your thread to there as you may get more of a response

Last edited:
It would appear that they came and went back to Scotland a couple of times.

1871 census sees them in Bham listed as Morris boarders of a Patrick and Mary Cain. There are 2 other sons registered in England - Peter, registered Dudley 1871 (listed as Joseph on 1871 census) and James, registered Bham 1873.

And a tenuous connection - Emily Jane Coudrey, a second cousin of my great grandfather married George's brother Andrew.

hi and welcome..you have posted in the general discussion section but if you scroll down the main page you will see we have a section for surname interests so i will move your thread to there as you may get more of a response
thank you...just joined so still working it out

Back