• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

morledge

Dave E Collins

master brummie
My Grandmother was Martha Ann Morledge, born in Birmingham near Holloway Head. She married Herbert Collins and moved to Mansfield Road, Aston.
Anyone out there know anything about the Morledge family in Birmingham? The family originally came from Breadsall in Derbyshire and I have data back to the late 1500's

Hi David,
my mother-in-law is a granddaghter of Adeline Morledge, who was a daughter of Joseph & Annie. Joseph, in turn was the son of William who married Martha Smith. Most of the family seem to be in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire, but census records show some of the family in Birmingham.

My Mother-in-law has mentioned Garner Morledge, and, I think you mention a Morldge-Garner marriage on a Genealogy website.

Hope to hear form you soon - Kathryn

dont know if this will help but

1920 through to 1945 there was a john and alice morledge living at no. 14 gas street bham. (in 1930 and 1935 there was also a doris lilian morledge with them)
1950 john morledge living 22 blucher street

in 1945 and 1950 there were a william t morledge and florence morledge living 67 wynn street

in 1925 a walter and eliza morledge were living 2 court 49 irving st.
in 1930 and 1935 only walter at the same address

hope these are of some interest to you :)

Thank you Shera, all of the mentioned names are my Great Aunts and uncles and the Eliza at Irving Street may have been my Great Grandmother or her daughter. How did you find these things out?
Dave

hi dave, the info is from the electoral rolls (so only people over 21 are mentioned). these can be viewed via "midlands historical data" either by paying for credits or a subscription :)

Back