• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moore walter

William Tracey

proper brummie kid
Hi all
I'm looking for information on a Walter Moore who was in the Royal Warwickshire Reg WW1 and Married Edith Westwood. He returned from war to Tilton Road

Thanks
Bill

Re: Walter Moore

Hi Bill,

Is this your man from 'The National Roll of the Great War.' ?

MOORE W, Corporal, Royal Warwickshire Regiment and R.A.S.C (MT)

Mobilised on the outbreak of war he was shortly afterwards drafted to the Western Front, where he took part in several important engagements, including the battles of Neuve Chapelle, Ypres and The Somme. He was wounded and buiried by a shell at Ypres, and was again wounded and buried at Passchendale. Returning home he was demobilised in March 1919 and holds the 1914-15 Star, and the General Service and Victory medals.

4, Osborne Terrace, Tilton Road, Small Heath, Birmingham.

Old Boy Chris.

Re: water Moore

Walter Moore and Edith Westwood marriage registered 1st quarter 1914, Aston, vol 6d page 453
Possible children, born to mother maiden name Westwood and birth registered Aston:
Edith Moore 3rd quarter 1914
Stanley Moore, 4th quarter 1915
George H Moore, 4th quarter 1919
Alfred A Moore, 2nd quarter 1922
There may be others but I don't think FreeBMD goes past 1922 yet.

A bit more (Or should i say 'Moore') :)

1925 St Bartholomews Moore Walter 4 Osborne place TILTON ROAD
1925 St Bartholomews Moore Edith 4 Osborne place TILTON ROAD
1930 Acocks Green Ward Moore Walter 22 WETHERFIELD ROAD
1930 Acocks Green Ward Moore Edith 22 WETHERFIELD ROAD
1935 Acocks Green Ward Moore Walter 22 WETHERFIELD ROAD
1935 Acocks Green Ward Moore Edith 22 WETHERFIELD ROAD
1939 Stechford Moore Edith (the younger,) 10 DEEPMOOR ROAD
1939 Stechford Moore Walter 10 DEEPMOOR ROAD
1939 Stechford Moore Edith (the elder) 10 DEEPMOOR ROAD
1945 Stechford Moore Walter 10 DEEPMOOR ROAD
1945 Stechford Moore Edith 10 DEEPMOOR ROAD

I'v been able to find Walter on the 'The National Roll of the Great War' list with the help. How can I find his regiment number

On the 1918 Absent Voters List, this is the only Walter Moore. Could this be your man?

1918Sandwell Ward 2473106
Walter Moore. 74 234863, Spr, 4 Mech Sec, IW & D, RE WESTBOURNE ROAD

Could this be him? This man served in both The Warwicks and The Service Corps.

WalterMoore.jpg

Hi Barrie,
That could be him. I'm new to this. How can I get that information.

Bill:)

Hi Bill,

Thats it mate. Thats his medal card (if it is him) 2/3 of the army records for WWI were lost in the London blitz. The chances of finding anything further are a bit remote I'm afraid.

Barrie.

Back