• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moody/Nunn

jdn5764

master brummie
I hope you don't mind me placing this requesti on here, as these people I'm looking for are not from Birmingham.

They are on my Dad's side of the family Cambridgeshire. But you have all been a big help I'd thought I'd ask.

I'm looking for any information on an Ivy Grace Moody born 6th March 1918, she married John Robert Henry Nunn in 1945. Apart from that I don't know much more. I know she did not know her father, but I can't find her mother either.

I'm also having problems finding what I think is Hephzibah Butcher? She was married to Robert Nunn she was born 1863 in Prickwillow. I can't find anything on her family at all.

Also, Henry Nicholas and Eliza Nicholas born in 1091.

I hope you don't mind.

Thank you

Julie

it looks like the mother of ivy grace moody was single as it says mothers maiden name moody. i think the only way would be to get the birth cert.

for a VERY wild guess - the birth was registered in st. ives huntingdonshire, looking in 1911 there is a jane elizabeth moody aged 13yrs in hunts. she would have been 20yrs in 1918.

Thank you Shera, St Ives seems to be a possibliby as she lived in Ely when she married my Grand-dad. I know her mother moved up to Scotland and married and had more children.

There is a rumour that Ivy Grace Moody had a child "Lawrence Marshall" before she was married. Don't know about that one. He would be older than my Dad who was born Dec 16th 1939.

Hi

I wonder if this could be Hephzibar in 1871? Living at West Row Fenn, Mildenhall, Suffolk
Sosbery Butcher B1838 Ely Cambridgeshire, Head - Ag Labourer
Elizabeth Butcher B1838 Ely - Wife
Silvester Butcher B1858 Ely - son - Ag Lab
Matilda Butcher B1860 Ely - daughter
EPSEBEN Butcher B1862 Ely - SON (Could the enumerator have recorded name and sex incorrectly, there are some very unusual names here)
John William Butcher B1865 Ely - son
Lesbery Butcher B1867 Ely - son (actual reads Sorbery)
William Butcher B1870 Mildenhall, Suffolk - son

1881 census living at Temple Farm, Littleport, Cambridgeshire and it says "end of part of Prickwillow Parish'
Shrewsbury Butcher B1838 Prickwillow - Invalid
Elizabeth Butcher B1838 Prickwillow
John William Butcher B1865 soham, cambridgeshire
Shrewsbury Butcher B1867 soham, cambridgeshire
William Butcher B1870 Mildenhall
Eliza Butcher B1872 Mildenhall
Jemima Butcher B1875 Prickwillow
Margaret Butcher B1877 Prickwillow
Walter Edward Butcher B1879 Prickwillow

Of course Hepzhibar is married by this time and I believe that is her in the 1871.

There's a marriage for a Sosbery Butcher and Elizabeth Couvine in 1856 in Ely ref 3b 886 AMJ quarter

Suzanne

Hi,Don't know if the following will help?

Possible Marriage:
21 NOV 1835 Ely, Cambridge, England
Margaret Pamby and William Butcher
Butcher William 20 Not born in county. Agricultural Labourer
Butcher Margaret 20 Not born in county
Butcher Salisbury 3 born in county
all living Prickwillow, Ely Holy Trinity & Ely St. Mary, Cambridge
Butcher William aged 34 born Mildenhall, Suffolk,Agricultural Labourer
Butcher Margaret aged 33 Wife born Mildenhall, Suffolk
Butcher Shrewsbury aged 13 Son born Prickwillow, Cambridgeshire
Butcher John aged 1 Son born Prickwillow, Cambridgeshire
all living Spinks's Farm, Ely Holy Trinity, Cambridge
Births Jun 1850
Butcher John: Ely vol 14 page 79
Births Dec 1837
Butcher Shrewsbury: Ely vol 14 page 47

Can anyone see if Jane Elizabeth Moody married a Scottish man. As I've just spoken to my Dad and all he can remember about his Gran on his mother's side was that she re-married and had children up in Scotland.

Yes it could be Suzanne, I know the one I#m looking for married a Robert Nunn. And from what I can make out they had three children Charles, Arthur and John.

Name sounds Jewish to me.

You didn't mention an approximate year,but there is this one?
Marriages Jun 1926
Moody Jane E married Matthew Brown: Glendale 10b 893 (The district Glendale is in the county of Northumberland)

Hi Linda,
No one knows the year, as her daugher (Ivy Grace Moody) children never saw much of her.

Last edited:
Can anyone find any marraige dates for Ivy Grace Moody. She married my Grand-Dad John Robert Henry Nunn in Ely. They divorced, I know she married someone with surname Brown and More. Also around the Cambridge area.

she married john r h nunn in 1939 jan-mar ely 3b 810

theres a ivy g nunn who married henry w brown in 1972 kings lynn norfolk. is this a bit too late??

No, that sounds about right. Don't know much about my Grandmother on my Dad's side. Just remember her married surnames.

She lived in Wisbech I think at the end of her life. But can't remember when and when she died.

this is definitely her death. ivy grace moore b. 6 march 1918 died oct 1986 aged 68 yrs. peterborough cambridgeshire 9 1100

just found the other marriage ivy g brown to albert k moore 1980 oct-dec fenland cambridgeshire 9 1102

Can anybody find out if Ivy Grace Moody had a child called Lawrence? He would beeen borm before 1939.

Thankyou

Back