• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MINI RESTAURANT ROTUNDA CITY CENTRE.

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
:D Dave don't take it to heart :) Me I was a waitress at Butlins in Bognor and no doubt you’ve heard the one about the blind waitress? Well that was me :!: Not sure how many of you ever went to Butlins, but they had these great large dining halls with hundreds of people sitting down to a meal at the same time. We waitresses carried 10 plates of food in these silly little racks and you had to make sure that you took one from each side… Well one day I miss counted and as I couldn’t see where my last space was :!: I took the next one from the same side by mistake and the rest just slid out onto the floor :oops: , what a clatter and a mess, up went a big cheer :!: For days after people came up to me and said that I had made their holiday by dropping all those dinners 8) . The chef was not that impressed though :roll: and moved me into the kitchen where again I had a mishap and dropped a whole tray of fried eggs on the floor :oops: . Again I was moved, but this time to the grillroom, a small bar where people who did not want to eat in the dinning halls paid for a meals, there I was put on the till so that I couldn’t drop anything :wink: .

biscuits

hi i had a job in a biscuit factory mending broken biscuits. love to all mary

I'm not going to tell you the oldest one of all: I had a job in a bakery as a loafer - there was plenty of dough in it. :p

Was the mini resaurant the one with the menus printed on artist's pallet's?

Chris didn't you ever drop any change from the till :2funny:

Back