• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Milner - 1719 to Present (Darley-Drotwich-Brum)

G

graham_milner

Hi All

I have done well and can probaly help some of you.
I am interested in trying to find-out Pre-Darley (are we from Yorkshire) and what brought us from Darley to Droitwcih and Brum, the Railways?
Also would like to know about the "Walter and Elizabeth Firkin" Are they my bloodline

regards
Graham Milner

Graham Milner

Hi Graham Welcome
When I Was Scrolling Down The Index On The Site This Morning
I Noticed Your Surname Milner ,
And I Thought Ah /
Because I Am Researching The Family Name Of Milner
Whom Was In Brum Around The Early 1900,s
And They Was Running A Bussiness Of Enginerring Around The Tyburn Rd Erdington And Involving Steel ,
I Was Just Wondering Whether Or Not You Had Any Connection To This Family ,may Be Relatives Of Somekind,
I Would Really Appreciate If You Could Let Us Know Yes Or No
If You Are Apartof This Clann
Have A Nice Day ,best Wishes Astonian

Morning Graham
Just reading your post and note some of your family connections are with Droitwich.
I am currently living in Droitwich and if I can be help to you, perhaps with a photo or two of how it looks today please let me know and I will do my best to take them for you.
Derek

milneners

HI SPARKHILL LAd
i take it there is no connections with your milners family
to a company rh burmam ltd tyburn rd erdington in 1954
they was companydirectors of a firm R.H .BURMAN LTD
I AM IN RECIEPT OF AN OLD INVOICE WHICH THESE PEOPLE SENT OUT TO A FIRM CALLED [ MESSRS SMALL ELECTRIC MOTORS LTD]
BECKENHAM KENT .
IT CARRIES A I 'HALF PENCE STAMP ON IT THE OLD GREEN ONE
THE INTIALS OF THESE MILNERS ARE AS FOLLOWS A,E MILNER, @ M.MILNENER IN 1953/4 THE TELEPHONE NO. @ THE TIME WAS
ERDINTON 0862.
HAVE A NICE DAY BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ,

Sadly no connection, I know there is a family name of Follows and not as mine is spelt Fellows.
Have you been able to check on Ancestry at the old phone books for around that time.

Regards

Derek

Back