• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Millitary record look up pleeeeeeeease can anyone help.

changinman1

master brummie
Hi I am trying to find out anything possible about my Grandads involvement in both the first and second world wars as I believe he was involved in both in some capacity . He was discharged on 24.10.1919 and as I said was involved also in the second ww and his name is Charles Henry Field born in Birmingham in 1900.

The second part is his brother Frederick Field who as legend has it fought in the first ww but died of flu.....anything on him , any bit of info would be brilliant as this is all I have on either of them....thanks in advance everyone.[/QUOTE]

Back