• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Middleton Road,Kings Heath

Brum Burgin

knowlegable brummie
Hi folks,my Great Granddad and Grandma ran a shop in Middleton Road in the first half of the 20th Century and next door to them was an off-licence.The entrance was half glazed and etched onto the glass was a leaping stag.Someone suggested to me that it was an Atkinsons "offy" which was owned by M& B.Can anyone confirm or deny this for me please.You all seem to have a wealth of knowledge on here,I'm sure someone will come up with an answer for me.
Dave:)

Hi Dave

I think the Deer's Leap Logo has always been that of M & B though I believe it has been replaced at times with others. It has always been the Logo as long as I can remember anyway.

Phil

ae3b899a.jpg

That's the one Phil,thankyou very much.Colin,my great granddad was William Hall and the Pellings did run the off licence.That's fantastic,where did you get the information from if you don't mind me asking?Also,are you the colin who runs the B14 website?
Thankyou,Dave

Last edited:
The details are taken from Kelly's Directory of Birmingham, I have two editions 1949 & 1969.
Yes that is my site, must apologise not replying to your mail yet, hope this thread has answered some of the points you mention.

Colin

Back