• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Memories of days long ago.

S

Stitcher

Living in Quinton, we are privileged to have a booklet come through the letter box every few months and in this issue there is a short story about 'Memories of days long ago'. It is written by one Bernard Taylor for the Quinton local History Group. If the admin team deem it o/k to do, I will scan it and post it on the forum, or, if coppermine is down when I have time I will re-write the short story word for word and I,m sure many members will remember and agree with every word of it.
stitcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Stitcher that brings back an early memory of mine. Children Christened at Aston Church in the thirties used to get a birthday card every year up to age five. I distincly remember getting my fifth and was so impressed it was still siiting in the memory bank. Regards, David.

Leaning on an open door here Patty. Coppermine currently down back soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

The booklet is aptly titled "Quinton Gem", and this short story is from Bernard Taylor of "Quinton Local History Society.

img057.jpg

Excellent Stitcher - takes me back to when I worked at Drayton Radio in Kings Heath. Oddly I bumped into the owners son a few days back the first time I had seen him in 50 years.

Bernie, I am not really a sentimental sort of person but I can relate to practically every word in the article.

Back