• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

McLucas & Co portrait Photographers 192 Soho Hill Birmingham and LLanelly

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been asked for information on the following by a member:

I have acquired a Victorian / Edwardian carte-de-viste photograph of my 2 great grandmother Mary Ann Randon taken at McLucas & Co Soho Hill Birmingham. The address on the bottom of the photograph is McLucas & Co192 Soho Hill Birmingham and LLanelly. Does anyone know anything about when this studio was established or have any photographs. I have googled McLucas & Co portrait Photographers and there is no history. However there is a McLucas & Co photographers at 131 Soho Hill and I'm wondering if they are trading under the name or are of the original business. If any one has any information or could help I would appreciate it.

hi mike if i am correct 192 is the middle building on this street view...all 3 properties will soon be demolished

lyn

The following is in Kellys directories (Note date is publication date, and would refer probably to year before)
Nothing in 1896 edition
1897-1899 Harron McLucas, photographer, 192 Soho Hill
1900-1924 Allan McLucas, photographer, 192 Soho Hill
No McLucas in 1932 edition

here is street view of 131 soho hill looking in better shape than no 192 is

Back