• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Maybe beyond help.

Hi Jean, to me it looks as if you are sitting in a small pushchair... or dolls pushchair, that looks like a wheel by your right foot, and the handle is right above your head.
I could also be completely wrong. :(

Brian

I think you have got it lads its one of those wooden swinging chairs with arms for certain

Whats that about you falling off a swing in the garden Jean

Alf no it wasn't a swing it was a very old lilac tree at the back of the bench down our garden. We had a very large hedge but a tiny fence by the the tree and I attached a rope to it got carried away and went flying over Scissie Reads garden and landed on my rear end. I don't remember having a propper swing but I was very young on that photo.

I wouldn't remember things at that age can't remember Prams, Cots etc I can't remember the day I started school.

I can remember my first day at school Alf I peed myself after knocking some game or other on the floor.:cry::blush::blush:. Jean.

Waymore thank you so much. If only I could put names to all my old photos'. Some have dates on the back. Bye. Jean.

This is a very old one of my brother pushing [something]?. Jean.

I think the something may be a horse on wheels child walker. The horses head is a silhouette which is difficult to see head on.The give away is the tail which can be clearly seen in front of the little boy.Hooves can be seen low down either side of the centre lineof the photo. They were easy to make if you could not afford one from a toyshop. My dad had a fret saw and made loads of toys in silhouette for us.

I have had a trawl on the net but cannot find a picture or plan of one ( plenty of rocking horses though) which is hard to believe.

regards.....arkrite.

Arkrite I think you maybe right about it being hand made as my uncle Norman made lots of things for me so I suppose he would have done the same for my brother. He was a carpenter by trade and I still have a little cabinet he made for me. Thanks. Jean.

Back