• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Matthew Hunt

JoanH

knowlegable brummie
Hi Gillian, its so good to know there are intelligent [people out there, Ive only been doing this searching 18mnths so have so much to lean.
Firstly I would like to see where my dad was living between 1920-30 his name was Matthew Edward Victor Hunt, unfortunately I understand that he did some boxing around the fair grounds and used the name Williams, though I shouldnt think he would on a voting form.
Secondly Frederick Griffiths he lived at 123 Sandy Lane Camphill Birmingham.
Do you know if like today, when an electorial form comes you have to put all names on the form who are at that address at the time, If this is so it would solve all my problems as it would name the 12 children, all aunts and uncles I am searching for:)
I am going to thank you in advance as I feel you are being very kind to me and its what I need at the moment. Kind regards JoanH

Joan, the electoral rolls only give the names of people who are eligible to vote i.e. 21 years old up until they lowered the voting age to 18, not sure of that date probably about 1983. Until the late 1920s women had to be 30 years old to be able to vote.

William Edward Victor Hunt is at 154 Scholefield Street in the 1920 roll,
Victor Hunt and Elizabeth Rose Ann Hunt are at 11 Kingston Road in the 1939 roll.
There are plenty of Albert Victor Hunts, Arthur Victor Hunts, Ernest Victor Hunts and plain old Victor Hunts dotted through the rolls.

Victor and Elizabeth Rose Ann HUNT were living at 21 Ashley Passage, Stafford Street in 1935. As Lloyd has stated, they were at 11 Kingston Road in 1939.

Victor HUNT married Elizabeth Rose Ann GRIFFITHS 1q 1932.

So it seems Victor wasn't using his first two given names, eh?

BTW JoanH, I was living at the back of you in St Andrew's Road in 1939 . We moved out that year, which was fortunate because the house was bombed the following year. Might have been the same bomb-drop that got you! :)

Back