• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Matilda Mayes

Thanks Lyn and if and when you can, its okay

thats ok vixen...as said its finding the time to visit the library for you but i have not forgotten...got all the ref numbers written down for gem st and will sort it out as soon as i can...all the best

lyn

ok vixen...i shall be going to the library next wednesday to view the gem st industrial school records for matilda mayes...will also see if there is anything for what i presume is her sister eliza mayes as they are there at the same time...please be prepared that the info i find may not be what we are looking but fingers crossed i will come back with something of use to you...i am also allowed to take photographs of anything that maybe of interest in the records...fingers crossed

lyn

Thank you. Anything that may help but I know records don't always give what we are looking for. I'm revisiting John W Hadley 1857 and Emily portlock 1858 as Emily's records have thrown me. I know she married John 1878 as I have that marriage ban etc but after getting married the records for Emily throw doubt on the children she had. Her birth years range from 58-63. And so too the children had and her parents. I'm trying to figure that out, which is doing my head in lol so anything on matilda may be a welcome relief lol

it is possible that i could do that for you vixen...i do hold a CARN card although it needs renewing but thats no problem and i would have to make an appointment to view the records so it could take a couple of weeks as i would have to check the days i am free

lyn
Hi Lyn, hoping you may still be around on here. We spoke some time ago about the possibility of you visiting Birmingham Archives for me re Matilda Mayes/Masey and the Industrial School records they held for her. Would this still be a possibility?

hi vixen...i am still here but have not been to the library since we last spoke..of course covid did hold things up ...i am just going to note down what i said i would try and look up for you and as soon as i can i will visit the library as i do have quite a few things i need to look up...

lyn

Back