• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Marys Tale

SuBee

master brummie
Im not sure if this will work - so bear with me..........

Its not actually my idea, but K8's 10 minute story, reminded me of the suggestion

I think we tried it a while ago with a poem and it may not have worked - but here goes anyhow.............................add a little 'chapter to make a story...............

Read on.........not for the faint or week hearted...............

Bonne Chance everyone :shock:

Chapter 1

Mary, was a bubbly bouncy redhead, full of fun, and often referred to as 'the life and soul of the party'
People at the office where she worked often asked 'Is Mary coming' when receiving an invite to a 'do', as if to assist them in their own decision making process on whether or not they were going to attend.
Mary was petite in stature, making her appear younger than her 37 years. Deeply freckled and hair in a bob, she had oceans of energy but if it was support you needed - Mary had the shoulder you cried on and the ear that listened.
She was the office girls 'friend' and the office lads 'mate'. It was often discussed and joked with her that she was remained single and unattached..........'its a wonder no ones snapped you up', Brian her Team Manager would say. Mary would shrug comments like these off with a quick retort, always different, but the message was the same. 'I'm too firey.......a rehead........they wont take me on'. Accompanying the response would be a wink and a smile, followed by a change of subject. Mary was apt at this. She'd had much practice. She knew she had to remain on her toes and alert, for she knew she had to guard her secret well..............

Chapter 2

,,,,,,, so well, so deep within that nobody would ever, could ever find out.
Sure they all thought they knew" their "Mary, smiling through the day with them, the banter, the work, the easier to "hide" be normal even acceptable, yes thats the way, blend & mix, joke & laugh,crying is later,,, alone in the night, nowhere to run in my not occupied mind no hiding place
from yourself,,,come on girl, shake yourself,maybe "they" would understand let me be the "leaner" be their mate but could they take it without ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back