• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marriage lookup please: 1890 Harris/ Hornby.

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
A request for the following marrige please: Apologies for it being for the Dec Qtr 1890, so no firm date for this marriage, & in truth, I am hoping that it is indeed at St Martin's...

THOMAS HARRIS & HARRIET ELIZABETH HORNBY. 1890 Dec Qtr.

Many thanks,
Margaret.

The marriage was registered in Aston. If no-one comes up with anything, the only option would be to send for a married certificate. This will give you the info (and more) that you are looking for.

I had a bit of trouble finding this one I am not as good a Shera:D note the brides name on the register is Elizabeth Horne. I hope it's the right one:)

Oct 4th 1891 Birmingham Parish Church

Thomas Harris age 25 batchelor occupation Brick Maker address 37 Bromsgrove Street. Father Robert Harris Brick Maker.
Elizabeth Horne age 21 spinster 37 Bromsgrove Street. Father, Thomas Horne Nail Maker.
Both signed the register. Witnesses Tom Rees and Charlotte Ann Beech.

Thank you for taking the time to look for this marriage for me, Wendy. Alas, the names of their fathers does not match my research. Thank you again for your help.

Margaret.

Back