• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Marriage late 1840's

brummie nick

master brummie
Could someone please do a look-up for a marriage of Henry Nicholls to Elizabeth Hutsfield? not sure of the exact year. trying to find their Father names.
TIA Nick

Nick, Sorry I can not find any record of this marriage at St Martins in fact there are no recorded marriages with the name Hutsfield.

Nick,
Elizabeth Hutsfield married Henry Nicholls Sept 1878 district St Saviour 1d 257.
This might be similar to my Grandparents who had Mom in 1898 but did nor marry untill 1925.
Alan

I now have a bit of a mystery, some time ago on BDM site before I knew Elizabeth's maiden name, I found a marriage for a Henry Nicholls to an Elisabeth ??? in the late 1840's it was when you could view the transcription pages, and there was some letters missing from her Surname ie H*t**ld.
I've just checked the BMD site again, and the only one is what Alan posted in 1878.

Brilliant Alberta, I just didn't have the time to search all the Nicholls:

Henry Nicholls age 22 batchelor proff Gun Maker abode Allison Streetm father Henry Nicholls Brass Founder.
Eliza Hateley age 20 spinster abode Allison Street father John Hateley Gun Maker. Witnesses John Pearsall and Maria Nicholls.

Thanks for the replies Alberta, and Moma P, but I don't think this is my Henry Nicholls, he was a Pearl Button Maker.

Nick

Back