• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marquis of Lorne

Lizy barnes

master brummie
Good evening, i am looking for help in the name of a pub in and around Aston with the word Marquis in it. As my husband has a picture of his mum and Grandmother outside it ,and he thinks his mum said it was The Marquis of some think or other (Thanks).

Thank-you so much for your replies, and i think i will go with The Marquis of Lorne. As Quasimodo just didn't ring the right bell (lol) .Would anyone know if there is a picture on this site, as the one i have got is to big to download ,also i don't know how you make the picture smaller.

The Marquis of Lorne was in Newtown Row Aston,it was damaged during the war,and repaired:)
Passed there on the day it was being demolished,my uncle was with me and he went in and took the fancy beer pumps...they must be in shrewsbury somewhere now.:rolleyes:.
There is a photo.of it on the forum.

:Lizzie if you e.mail me I will try and put the photo on if you still have it. My e.mail that is. Jean.

I wonder if ny kind soul could make this bigger for me please. Lizzy sent it me to put on. This was taken at the Marquis of Lorne pub. From the left Eileen Barnes {Wheeler} Unknown and Katie Wheeler {O'Niel}. Jean.

Lost photo replaced, but not necessarily by same photo

marquis of lorne.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the One in Arsenal St/Cattell Rd, there seem to be a few pubs with that name around the country. But who are they named after, and why ?

Bet somebody on here knows.

Back