• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Make Up

Di.Poppitt

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
This is one for the gals.

Do you remember Max Factors Pan Stick gals? Take off the top push up and there you had it , a stick of thick gooey make up. I dread to think what I looked like, I only ever put it on down to my jaw line. :roll:

The next bit of kit that came on to the market was a solid make up in a compact, was it called Cream Puff, no it can't have been, can it? Any way I used it.

Best of all was the mascara, that solid block of black that you spat on and then rubbed the brush across. :shock:

panstick

dear diana i remember the panstick i always used it even as lipstick to. do you remember also filling up your laquer bottle to from the hair dressers....those were the days i do miss them love mary.

The bees knees or wot?

Those pan sticks and mascaras are back now - albeit in a more 'advanced' formula :roll:

My biggest recollection of wearing makeup was 'painting' dots to resemble flowers around my eyes (worn with the obligatory cow bell dangling from my neck) Pearlescent dots of predominantly white, pale blues and pale greens with black dots in the centre. Took about and hour to do - and (in a moment of lack of concentration) with one swift rub of the eye, was merged into a blurring mess.

Yes Sue, you cut quite a dash around Handsworth, they heard you coming along Soho Road from the Garden Gate car park. You were know locally as the "Ding-Dong" girl. 8)

please bind and gag him?

Are you sure you are not mistaking me with the other make up girl???????

The famous Avon Reps :roll: - 'ding dong' avon calling

photo5.jpg

Naah, you hippies were a bit more adventurous than Avon, more Max Factor and cow bells than lippy and doorbells. BTW, I have a nephew working for Avon in Canada. I always knew that lad would come to no good. 8)

Back