• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Maiers winter family update request

Dear Gang,

I have had a lot of help from you regarding Maiers Winter who lived in Birmingham at 121 St Lukes Road in 1912 and in 1920 he lived at 98 St Lukes Road with his son Enoch,

Maiers married Deborah Winter in Poland and had the following children

4 children were born in Poland: Simon (1886), Yetta (1885), Enoch (1881) and Isaac (1878).
Louis (1890), Rosie (1892), Esther (1894) and Fanny(1900) were all born in Birmingham.

I am particularly interested in tracing Simon Winter(1886) as I have just located his birth certificate in Poland and wanted to get his birth date which would confirm the certificate completely for me. I have had not much luck after 1912 following his whereabouts.

I would also love some help in tracing Yetta (1885), Enoch (1881) and Louis (1890) who stayed back in the UK hopefully also in Birmingham.

Four of the children emigrated to USA and settled in Chicago.
Rosie (1892), Esther (1894) and Fanny(1900) and Isaac (1878)

Deborah died in 1919 in Birmingham and it seems her real maiden name was Szmuklerczyk (Schmucklitzick) and not Wolfe. She hailed from Golina in Poland. In fact Deborah"s son Isaac married a ROSE Schmucklitzick in 1903 at Mile End.

Thanks,
Gareth

Enoch Winter was at 93 St Lukes Road in 1920.
There is a Louis Winter listed in the electoral rolls at:
1930. 43 Charlotte road with Harry, Fanny, & Jacob Winter & Oliver Thomas Depper & Lizzie Depper
1935 350 Bell Barn Road with Edith & Harry Winter
1939 31 Farren Road with Edith Winter & Edith Chetwyn
1950 31 Farren Road with Edith Winter
1955 31 Farren Road with Edith & Anthony Winter
In 1945 only Edith Winter is listed
Mike

Dear Mike,

Thanks a lot. This is full of new information for me. I am just going to send in installments my Maiers Winter family update.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for all your help.
Cheers,
gareth

Dear Mike,

I thought Jacob Winter was staying at 43 Charlotte Road, Edgbaston. It seems that there is a 43 Charlotte Road in Stirchley and that is where Olive Thomas Depper was staying.

1930. 43 Charlotte road with Harry, Fanny, & Jacob Winter & Oliver Thomas Depper & Lizzie Depper.

Does this make sense,
Cheers,
gareth

Gareth
Apologies, my error. The deppers were in the Kings norton (Stirchley) Charlotte rd, and th ewinters at the Edgebaston one
mike

Back