• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas York Road Engine Electronics Hall Green

Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. There are five York Roads in Birmingham, which one are you referring to?

Remember it well 1990 - 2017 worked in Engineering.

You must have been there around same time as me. Simon Cardall was Factory Operations Manager, Mike Tomlinson and Bob Tench in Purchasing, Mike Burrows in Programmes, I cant remember the GM but he was a miserable sod I think ?. I worked with Mike/Bob on Rolls-Royce Trent, was there time of 1st Gulf War.

Yes all those names remembered. Simon Cardall went on to become a manager in Supply chain later on.

I guess you knew Peter Holland as well its a small world in electronics, I think the GM i remember was Martin Williams something like that anyway, Sarah Robinson in Purchasing with Mark Dutton ?, good days!

Yes, Peter Holland, Sarah and Mark. Good days those. I worked under Bob Kelly. We still used to have the tea lady for cakes and tea at about 10 and 3 in those days, I think.

I guess you knew Peter Holland as well its a small world in electronics, I think the GM i remember was Martin Williams something like that anyway, Sarah Robinson in Purchasing with Mark Dutton ?, good days!

I dont remember the tea lady but times were different, who else ?, Bo Kelly rings a bell, Graham Mallinson, Linda Yapp, Simon Barley, Mark Weymouth, Tony Dry, some stayed with Lucas, others joined TRW, and others went to all sorts of companies. I think York Road now under Goodrich/Rolls-Royce would be a different world but then thinking backwards its 30 years so times change...

Back