• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lucas Formans Road Sparkhill

My name is Dave Lacy and as part of my time with Lucas I was transferred from GRC, Shirley, to Formans Road from 1973 until 1975, and based in the TDO Plastics training as a Process Planning Engineer. After 12 months transferred to the Plastics Lab in the Plastics factory. I was extremely impressed by the size of the injection moulding area and wonder does any one have any photos of the rows of moulding machines, please? I'm hoping to include one in a family history book I'm writing,thanks.

Dear Jayne. Sorry I can't help you with photo, but I was a draughtsman in the drawing office at Formans Road from 1962-1964 and then transferred to Girling at Tyseley for another year or so. Now I live in a village just south of Cheltenham, and even at 80 I think I have missed Brum every day of my life since moving down here in the late 1960's. XXXX to my Brum.
Somewhere on this website I am offering some old Lucas books. They are full of photos. Are you still looking?

Attachments

• IMG_4407.jpeg
    IMG_4407.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I worked for Joseph Lucas at the Great King Street Works Engineering Department 1954 TO 1963.
V block department Installed many items related to improvements in Lucas battery manufacture.

Ernie

Hi, I am looking for someone called Keith Walker who would have been a mechanic fixing the production lines around 1981, can anyone help please?

Back