• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Look-up for Robert Thorp

Catherine25

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help me :smug:

My great grandfather x 4 was Robert Thorp and I believe he married Mary Ann Harris on the 9 Oct 1831 at St Martins.

I would love to know if there were any other details in the Parish Record for the wedding, such as witnesses/parents names and occupations. Maybe even their address.

Robert and Mary Ann had 2 children whilst living in Birmingham - Matilda b1832 and Cordelia b 1834. I know I'm cheeky but if there was any info regarding baptisms I'd be really grateful lol.

Robert and Cordelia are something of a mystery at the moment. Essentially they are shown with the surname Thorp or Thorpe on everything I have found so far (census etc) with the exception of Cordelia's marriage certificate where her surname and her father Robert's surname is shown as Hay.

If you have any ideas as to why that would be so I would be glad to hear them. I have hit a blank there.

Many thanks for reading this, and thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Regards,
Catherine

Hello Catherine and welcome to the forum.
Just a quick reply on the Robert Thorp and Mary Ann Harris marriage the only other info is the witnesses were Alexander Sanders and Harriet North.

I will check the others later unless someone beats me to it...lol

Back