• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

long acre pics wanted

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks i am now looking for any old pics of long acre nechells so if anyone can help i would be very grateful..anything upto the late 70s would be great

many thanks

lyn

Hi lyn, the only photo's I have at the moment are these two, one I had taken looking down the hill from the corner of Malvern hill road (may 1971) just before we left Nechells.

the one with the white horse pub on the junction of Holborn hill (1965)
Long Acre 1971.jpg

Long Acre, Holborn hill.jpg

Hi Lyn - hope you are well.
I spent many an hour sitting on a low wall on the corner opposite (r.h.s.) of the Prince of Wales, waiting for my school girlfriend at the time to make up a plausible excuse to get out of the house. Rita Affleck, where are you now?

thanks everyone for the photos posted..there are 3 that i dont have so thats great...

hi dave not too bad here thanks hope you and barb are ok..bet that wall isnt there now lol...

lyn

Hi Berniew
Thanks for the photo of Chatterway Street my ancestors lived there on the 1901 census I will add this to my research
Cheers Cath

PS Surname researching Glew of Aston & Nechells

Has anyone got any old photos of the Holliday Rd, Edwards Rd,Mason Rd area of Erdington c.1970? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks

pud thats great...even though the pesky boards are in the way thats the first full on shot ive seen of that pub...as you may have read my sisters house now sits on that very spot..

thank you..

lyn

Back