• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

'Little' Boldmere

View attachment 167406

I 'ummed and 'aahd where to post this picture as although it's of very poor quality it does show properties on the right which I haven't seen before. I'd be grateful if any of our photo-wizards could work their magic please.

There is a block of 1960's maisonettes there now and properties are also built behind in Boldmere Close.
I used to live in Boldmere Close, they extended the parking there a few years ago. From the back of the garden we could see what looked like a caravan park storage site, I never knew much about it.

Lovely story Carliol, I have a coloured version of your picture. You might like the other photo which shows the shop, kindly posted by a member on another thread.View attachment 166308View attachment 166309I moved into Blackham Drive (up on the right) in 1969 and I wondered if you remembered the white house which stood a couple of doors up from the entrance to the sports ground? It was a beautiful property and was demolished in the early '70's to be replaced by two sets of semis.
Hello I’ve stumbled across this thread in a search for someone and noticed the timeframe you lived in this area it’s a long shot but by any chance have you heard of a Bobo/Bobb Tourey? He lived in Burcombe tower on Old Bell road at the time of his passing in 1980. I know it’s unlikely but there’s no harm in asking I guess!

Back