• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Link: West Bromwich photos site

What great site thanks Alf. My Mom was born in West Brom in 1818.

What great site thanks Alf. My Mom was born in West Brom in 1818.
Wendy I know my Maths are not great but either you are incredibly old or your Mom was incredibly old when she gave birth to you.

deleted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the link, Alf. At last I can see what Lyttleton Street looked like. I had been searching for pictures of it for such a long time. There are pictures of the Carters Green location where other family had a shop, too.

hi all
I had a great mate called Alan Fisher who joined the army with me came from hilltop west brom any one know or remember him.
regards
paul

Great link, Alf, but not all the pictures would download. Anyone know why?

One thing hasn't changed over the years, though: the miserable expression on the faces of Albion fans.

Big Gee

Glad you all like my site !

Big Gee....Pictures should all come in, sometimes they are a bit slow due to their size but they should kick in

As for the "miserable expression" on the faces of the Baggies fans.....We don't show our emotions very well !! :grinsmile:

Paul

www.west-bromwich-photos.co.uk

May be my computer, but still a few pix don't download. Not to worry, the ones that did are very interesting.

I worked at Metal Closures Ltd in the 1960's - I wonder if anyone else on this thread worked there?

As a Villa fan, we used to go to watch the Baggies when the Villa were playing away and too far to travel. I always remember the mud...

Big Gee

My gt grandfather Thomas Smith (just my luck) was a manager at Salters Springs around 1900. The family always said he was involved with the formation of West Bromwich Albion as the team was developed from the work force at this time. His son also Thomas Smith my grandmothers brother also worked at Salters. I wish I had talked to my grandma more now!!:(

I must say its a brill site perfect for the baggie surporter :)
ragga :)

PS ........ Site opens ok 4 mee.

My gt grandfather Thomas Smith (just my luck) was a manager at Salters Springs around 1900. The family always said he was involved with the formation of West Bromwich Albion as the team was developed from the work force at this time. His son also Thomas Smith my grandmothers brother also worked at Salters. I wish I had talked to my grandma more now!!:(

Hi Wendy,

Double co-incidence this, my late Uncle was a Smith, born in West Bromwich and also worked at Salters.

It is, as they say, a small world.

regards
Neville..

I now wonder if my granny's brother had a son. I haven't looked into this one. I think he had a daughter named Marie Smith who married a man named Haylock...:)

Back