• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Centenary Square developments 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
Edit. There is a thread about the development of Centenary Square from 2017-2018 here

—————————————————————————————————————————————
A competition has been launched for the development of Centenary Square. Looks like a pot of £5 m has been allocated for its development. Could prove interesting. Viv.

https://www.ribacompetitions.com/centenarysquare/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Paving around Baskerville House is now open.

Looks like a small plinth in front of it. But I think the Industry & Genius sculpture will be returned around where the fences are.

Blind shot taken near The REP and Library of Birmingham. Hoardings blocking the entrance to the road / path towards Cambridge Street, between the library and Baskerville House.

Still a section near The ICC and Symphony Hall to dig up!

Paving around Baskerville House is now open.

Looks like a small plinth in front of it. But I think the Industry & Genius sculpture will be returned around where the fences are.

Blind shot taken near The REP and Library of Birmingham. Hoardings blocking the entrance to the road / path towards Cambridge Street, between the library and Baskerville House.

Still a section near The ICC and Symphony Hall to dig up!

All I can think of is running lanes , has everyone in the city centre taken up running ?

Only those who do the Great Birmingham Run every October, or the Great Birmingham 10K every May. Also have annual athletics at Arena Birmingham (indoors in the winter) and Alexander Stadium (outdoors in the summer).

Discovery Terrace mid January 2019 update.

Would assume the water feature will go here?

Towards the ICC and Symphony Hall.

Still a strip of old 1991 paving to remove near Symphony Hall.

Discovery Terrace mid January 2019 update.

Would assume the water feature will go here?

Towards the ICC and Symphony Hall.

Still a strip of old 1991 paving to remove near Symphony Hall.

Yes Ell hopefully the water willwill be deep enough to cover all of this eyesore

It's not finished yet! Council's fault for deciding to rip up the 1991 Centenary Square! Doing all these including the Metro at the same time, probably to make it all look nice!

It's not finished yet! Council's fault for deciding to rip up the 1991 Centenary Square! Doing all these including the Metro at the same time, probably to make it all look nice!

Ell while I enjoy your confidence , I doubt they could ever make this mess look nice

Six Tall Trees arrived today and were unloaded, The begs a couple of Questions what type of trees are they? there were three of us looking at the unloading of the trees and not one could tell what they were, and I wonder how long it will be before some numpty attempts to climb one of them, as you will see the trees are tall and this did cause a problem get it off the lorry (very bent) there are 12 photos to see

Knowing how "sensitive" the council are with their developments, it would not surprise me if they were plastic

If they are made up of those crates then I would have thought all those surfaces would give algae etc lots of opportunities to grow and it would be difficult/impossible to clean out.

Six Tall Trees arrived today and were unloaded, The begs a couple of Questions what type of trees are they? there were three of us looking at the unloading of the trees and not one could tell what they were, and I wonder how long it will be before some numpty attempts to climb one of them, as you will see the trees are tall and this did cause a problem get it off the lorry (very bent) there are 12 photos to see

Dendrology course for you Horsencart , then you can tell us the names of trees

If the artists impressions are correct, then the leaves on the trees must be red at some time during the year. Maple?

But they can run rings round you !
But they can run rings round you !
I see we are all branching out to be comedians, don't worry everyone will have twigged it by now, I'll leave play on bark and trunks to others who are more rooted to the art. By the way, the trees look dead to me and if that big one bending off the lorry was going to be a bow, I hope they have strong string...........enough Davis git orf!!!

Bob Davis

The name of the type of the trees that are being planted is Silver Birch, a few more have been planted outside Baskerville House, here are a few photos of one of the trees being planted, also two of the Baskerville blocks, are now back in position the are 25 photos to see

One of Industry & Genius near Baskerville House. Fences in the way, and wasn't going to stick my camera through the bars!

Boulton, Watt & Murdoch plinth near what was Broad Street close to Symphony Hall.

Hate to be a pessimist, but water features won't last five minutes before the drunken yobs from further up the street are tipping dye and detergent into them.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back