• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lichfield Bower (1960's?)

Pedrocut

Master Barmmie
Photos from the Lichfield Bower, probably in the 1960's.

Regards Peter

Attachments

• Lichfield Bower (3).jpg
    Lichfield Bower (3).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Lichfield Bower (1).jpg
    Lichfield Bower (1).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Lichfield Bower (2).jpg
    Lichfield Bower (2).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
We used to go every year when the boy's were little in the 70's!

I ran the Fish n' Chip Shop at the top of Greenhill, Lichfield from 1959 until 1973. I have so many memories of THE BOWER. We used to begin peeling spuds on the Sunday, and drop them in DryWhite overnight. We would have literally dozens and dozens of Fleur-De-Lys Pies, cases and cases of them, and in those days F-d-Lys would have areas so that no one could sell their pies for a fifteen mile area, the nearest was a small shed at Four Oaks. We opened at 10am on Bank Holiday Monday, and would have to push people out of the shop at 2am on Tuesday! In those days we had a 24 hour licence because Lichfield was Market town, and Farmers had to eat. Happy days.

Gerry that shed was my local chippy.....lol We had a mobile one too! I loved the Bower I must sort out some photo's.

Back