• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

LETTER ARRIVES OVER 100 YEARS LATE

the report says that the letter arrived at the flat in 2021 have to admit though that it is a very unusual but not impossible thing to happen

This was quite a common thing when I was with Royal Mail, people found old letters and popped them into a post box to see what happened. It was even more common with postcards.

the post office are very good at finding people i had some QSL postcards arrive from italy i had left the address in brum on the cards 20 years ago but they found me here in the sticks:grinning:

Royal mail have a National Returns centre in Belfast. All undelivered mail and parcels get sent there. They attempt to track the owners. They receive up to 20 million undeliverable items each year. Sometimes these are just uncollected items, at other times it is due to insufficient address, no longer an address or no return address.

Back