• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lenny Henry

nijinski

master brummie
I know lenny is from dudley but I thought i'd mention an artical I read on him. Councillors are bickering over wether he should get the freedom of the town honour or not because they say he hasn't done enough for dudley and the award is usually for officials who have. It seems to me lenny has done more to put dudley on the map than any official and I wouldn't be surprised comic relief has helped out some causes in dudley

I agree he has put Dudley on the World map let alone anything else. Its only an honourary role - theres nothing to debate in my opinion. But knowing Lennie I think he'd prefer Theophilus P. Wildebeeste to have the honour instead - and I can just see him parading through Dudley in an open topped leapard skin effect limo :)

I know lenny is from dudley but I thought i'd mention an artical I read on him. Councillors are bickering over wether he should get the freedom of the town honour or not because they say he hasn't done enough for dudley and the award is usually for officials who have. It seems to me lenny has done more to put dudley on the map than any official and I wouldn't be surprised comic relief has helped out some causes in dudley
I don't know how much Lenny's done for Dudley but if it wasn't for him I would never have known there was a Buffery Park in Dudley ! I once rang Dudley Council, hoping to find out the reason why the park was so named. The girl I spoke to maintained that she knew not but thought it was "something to do with coal moinin' (I hit "enter" there, by the way !), does anyone know why Buffery Park/Buffery Road is so named ?

Back