• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Leisure time

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong as I cannot view the photos that people post in their messages like the one above. I have tried clicking on numerous places on the page. My father was stationed in Egypt so I am interested to know what year, unit and who is in the photo. Thanks so much Susan

Hi, I have the same problem too and was told that some of the forums photo's were lost some time ago and they are trying to replace them where possible. My dad was also in Egypt (8th army). I too joined forum this year and still learning. I have a couple of photo's I might put on forum when I know how. I hope you enjoy browsing the forum, I do, best wishes, Chris

Hi Susan, Chris is correct, some time ago the site was hacked by some low lifers who removed all of the photos. The members who posted them are trying to replace them, but as you can imagine it is a very time consuming job, some of the original posters are sadly no longer with us and sometimes the pics have been lost or destroyed.
Hope you enjoy what has been replaced, if there is a particular pic on a thread you wnat to know about,post a query on that thread, someone may be able to help.
Sue

Thank you Chris and SisterSue for the clarification, I thought I was doing something wrong! I am very new to this and trying to find out anything I can about Birmingham especially the areas of Hockley, Lozells, Aston and surrounding areas. Both my parents were born and raised there and I live in Birmingham until 1978 and have only been back to visit since then. My dad was in the Royal Artillery from about 1943-1956 going by what I have heard. I do have a picture of him in uniform but have no idea what the badge is so maybe I will see if I can upload it to this forum and others might be able to tell me. Thanks again for your help.

Hi Chris, I see you live in Sparkbrook! We used to live on Warwick Road, Sparkhill back in the early 60's always remember our house being right on the main road. As kids we went to Golden Hillock Road School not sure if that is still standing now.

Back