• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Legge Street

Does anyone have any old photos of Legge street Gosta green? I've just found out today after reading the back of a very old photo that my Great,great Grandmother Leticia and her mother my Great,great,great Grandmother lived at 5 Legge street. I'm not from Birmingham but knew some of my ancestors were. This is them in "back yard of 5 legge street. (Family name was Feely) Many thanks.

Attachments

• 17142501090346245383068515004771.jpg
    17142501090346245383068515004771.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
hi and welcome...i have moved this thread to our streets section of the forum...i will search my photos for any of legge street...the street still exists but all the old houses are long gone now

lyn

happy to help...old photos are very thin on the ground but as you can see even back then the housing was very poor..if you click on the link below it takes you to a very good map site..ive set the map so that you can see legge st just slide the blue dot at the bottom of the page to the right and the old map will fade out showing you what is there now...as you can see legge st is now taken over by part of the aston expressway and a large car park

Have moved posts to this earlier thread on the street. Please see if a thread already exists before posting new thread

Back