• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Learning from the Past

ER Allen

master brummie
I am currently taking an on-line course through Future Learn, hosted by researchers at The University of Nottingham, The University of Birmingham, and The British Library. Called "Learning from the Past: a Guide for the Curious Researcher."
Being overseas, any research I do, for now, is on line, and knowing how to research is important. Just searching with google is very limited, considering other options out there. Am only into my second week, but love the course. It will definitely help with my research on Birmingham history.

Those Future Learn courses, part of the Open University are excellent and have some really interesting content. Enjoy.

BTW, Future Learn has another course:

"Pubs: History, Consumers, Management, and Protection​

Explore 150 years of pub history, architecture, and management, and learn what you can do to help save pubs from extinction."

I'm doing my part to save pubs from extinction: I visit them as much as possible!!

Back