• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Leake, Shaw,Canham family

it seems harry is buried in an unmarked grave...sad considering he received the military cross...also does anyone know if mr and mrs leake was related to harry given that they are down as next of kin...i cant seem to find a birth reg at the min for harry

lyn

Thanks. I searched 56 on the 1921 census but got a different family but their result came up under no. 36 but I'm unable to check transcription errors.

Not really relevant but Rhoda's first husband emigrated to US in 1907 and was still alive in 1940. Doubtful they divorced (possibly why she didn't marry Alfred) and she may have married Arthur bigamously.

Rhoda's eldest 2 daughters were listed as Walsgrove, though on the 1911 census the youngest of these 2 is listed as Hollingsworth (daughter) whilst the elder is listed as Walsgrove (adopted daughter). So I'd guess Rhoda's first marriage broke down sometime between their births.
21` census

thumbnail.jpgleake 21.jpg

Last edited:
Back