• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lea Tavern, Lea Village

It really does look like 'The Tavern' which was my mom and dad's drinking place. I and my brother would sit on the steps around the back, with little brother in his pushchair, and wait for our lemonade and crisps! I loved those days!

Spent many a happy hour in the Tavern after football t raining in theGym at Lea Village School in the late 50s.Then into the Tavern for a Shandy.

Hi folks,I remember the Lea Hall Tavern very well from my Mom and Dad drinking there it was their
for over fifty odd years, they were Walter and Maggie Coney.
Hey Babby, I'm sure your mom and dad were friends of my mom and dad!! They were also regulars at the tavern! Do you recognise the name 'Proctor' Dick and Floss?

It really does look like 'The Tavern' which was my mom and dad's drinking place. I and my brother would sit on the steps around the back, with little brother in his pushchair, and wait for our lemonade and crisps! I loved those days!
:(

This is supposed to be the original Lea Tavern but I'm not too sure about it!!

Attachments

• Lea_Hall_Tavern.jpg
    Lea_Hall_Tavern.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 20
Does anyone remember Ronnie Frost who had the Mobile Greengrocer Van.Lived in the first house in Tile Cross Rd in the late 50s

No I’m sorry Jukebox it’s all I have on this.Would be good to know.Thanks for the interest.

Back