• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ladies from aston

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
just maybe someone might know who any of these ladies are...group pic of ladies from aston 1940

Well I don't know any Lyn, but it's a smashing photo. They all looked happy and well considering there was a war going on at that time. How small they all look too. The lady on the left is the only one wearing trouser's (slacks), These day's they would all be wearing them. I wonder what the photo was about...isn't it frustrating no knowing?

The tape X in the windows dates it as does the thinness of the tape - I don't think it would stop much shrapnel for those size windows and I guess people learned from experience later

The tape X in the windows dates it as does the thinness of the tape - I don't think it would stop much shrapnel for those size windows and I guess people learned from experience later

Aidan, ive studied the photo closely and the tape on the windows are Christmas decorations, you can see little lights hanging from them. Max

Was that to stop the windows breaking,they look cheerful, looks like a nice warm sunny day

Well spotted Max.

In the war Liz, windows were taped I think to stop the broken shards causing more damage when blown out.

I'll go with Old Boy and say the late 40s/early 50s in that case.

Back