• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kwikform, Waterloo Road

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
According to Grace’s Guide
Manufacturer and supplier of equipment to the building and civil engineering industry, especially scaffolding and form work.1944 Private company, established presumably by C. Bryant and Son. 1959 Bryant Holdings was incorporated; Kwikform was one of its subsidiaries

I remember the name and probably because of the masses of scaffolding that was (and still is) frequently in place around Birmingham buildings whilst being redeveloped. They must be an important part of the construction industry. Kwikform also seems to have supplied the domestic hire market with its KwikTowers.
969B2979-B802-4538-9180-517A334E5E60.jpeg

Manufacturer and supplier of equipment to the building and civil engineering industry, especially scaffolding and form work.1944 Private company, established presumably by C. Bryant and Son. 1959 Bryant Holdings was incorporated; Kwikform was one of its subsidiaries

I remember the name and probably because of the masses of scaffolding that was (and still is) frequently in place around Birmingham buildings whilst being redeveloped. They must be an important part of the construction industry. Kwikform also seems to have supplied the domestic hire market with its KwikTowers.
View attachment 174490
there are some of them old ones in the farmyard down the rd from my pad i used it to clean the guttering out very handy piece of kit

C bryant and son a name from the past.
:grinning:

View attachment 174490

My wife worked for Kwikform in the Waterloo Road site , the Bulls Head Coventry Road was our drop off on a Friday .
The Bulls Head on the Friday was like a office meeting, most of Kwikform would be in there (some still from dinner time)

I believe the history was
Kwikform
Kwikform (RMD Erdington)
GKN
InterServe (West Bromwich)
I will get my wife to confirm when she is home later

The Kwikform building with the imposing entrance was a wartime fire station, my dad was stationed there at sometime during WW2. The Bulls Head was there second home on stand down. One of his fire service mates owned Kents Hairdressers near the Swan.

Another sales brochure for Kwikform, they were Hay Mills / Yardley based, if you look at the brochure it got an Acocks Green exchange number

1667574073108.png

Back