• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • On Sunday I will be upgrading the software to the latest version this will mean downtime of approx half a day. (assuming all goes well) This has to be done as we are out of mainstream support now.

Kingstanding

djb222

Brummie babby
Yes, I'm afraid he passed away just over 3 years ago after a period of ill health.
I used to visit Harry and Joan his parents with my father many times and remember the house well.

I attach a picture of Don and his wife Margaret from the late 70's I think. He had two sons.

Attachments

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes of course, on Thursdays my magazine would arrive (Atlantic Road). Completely forgotten that Trident. But yes it was Thursdays ! When I was quite young Harold Hare was delivered, then Look and Learn and later Judy. That’s a blast from the past for me. Used to get very excited at the arrival of the magazines through the letter box. Viv.

Pedrocut

Master Barmy
Yes of course, on Thursdays my magazine would arrive (Atlantic Road). Completely forgotten that Trident. But yes it was Thursdays ! When I was quite young Harold Hare was delivered, then Look and Learn and later Judy. That’s a blast from the past for me. Used to get very excited at the arrival of the magazines through the letter box. Viv.
A late friend of mine, Ken Fearn, lived in Atlantic road.

Eric Gibson

master brummie
Yes, I'm afraid he passed away just over 3 years ago after a period of ill health.
I used to visit Harry and Joan his parents with my father many times and remember the house well.

I attach a picture of Don and his wife Margaret from the late 70's I think. He had two sons.
Sorry to hear that, he hadn't changed much from when he was at school by that photo.

Ropey

It's strange how things change Dave, when i was at Kingsthorne Junior , the headmaster ( Mr Bullus ) was quite strict, and we did all sit at desks and learn. There was a teacher there called Mr Fryer who used to do things like staple you to a wall if you were misbehaving , he was always in trouble with the parents. I wonder what the school is like now ?
Remember Mr Fryer. Ran the football team.