• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

king edward reprieve

ah you are well informed lynn i must say can you tell me whom is flogging them i will look put for them
as mike said there are two types of e bay for different clients ;[ie those in the know will know ] and us por blightyers on the poor mans site ;
along with the dodgy sellers rip off brittain bridgade ; astonian;;

WELL the old crown in digbeth was rebuilt with reclaimed materials as i was informed at the start of the old crown by the guys whom operate the big bussines
when i was running a pub in the city all those years ago and was told of the cost before the media and press got news of the regeneration of the good old crown
so it could be a good idea and saving cost ; lets face it you cannot buy those tiles any where today they arte priceless at least its kept with in the boundry of aston
which was the heart and productioist of good old birmingham with great history i am chuffed to hear of it ; best wishes astonian;;

ah you are well informed lynn i must say can you tell me whom is flogging them i will look put for them
as mike said there are two types of e bay for different clients ;[ie those in the know will know ] and us por blightyers on the poor mans site ;
along with the dodgy sellers rip off brittain bridgade ; astonian;;

hello alan im sorry but i have no idea who will be selling the items or when but if i hear of anything i will let you know..

have a good day

lyn

KING EDWARD LICHFIELD ROAD 13.8.14 001.JPGKING EDWARD LICHFIELD ROAD 13.8.14 002.JPGKING EDWARD LICHFIELD ROAD 13.8.14 003.JPGKING EDWARD LICHFIELD ROAD 13.8.14 004.JPGwell this is it then folks..yet another fine perfectly sound building being raised to the ground...gives me no pleasure at all in posting these pics i took yesterday..charlie look closely at pic 1 you can just see those lovely tiles on the staircase that you mentioned...

lyn

Last edited:
Shameful destruction of a perfectly good building. Loads of interesting features gone from the landscape. Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the photos Lyn, so sad to see this pub destroyed, my mom was a barmaid there in the forties and fifties, I can still remember being behind the bar in the back room when I was small, later it was our local and we played many a game of darts there.

Thanks for the photos Lyn, so sad to see this pub destroyed, my mom was a barmaid there in the forties and fifties, I can still remember being behind the bar in the back room when I was small, later it was our local and we played many a game of darts there.

hi astonite then i am sorry to have had to post those photos..you obviously have fond memories of the pub...but and this is the thing...i have always said they can pull down the buildings but no one will ever erase our happy memories..they will stay with us always...

lyn

How it looked today (28/10/14) sooooo sad.

Attachments

• new 022.jpg
    new 022.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 25
  • new 021.jpg
    new 021.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 23
  • new 019.jpg
    new 019.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 23
  • new 018.jpg
    new 018.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 23
Could have taken it down brick by brick and build it elsewhere! They do that at heritage museums!

Although we don't want what happened in Cannon Hill Park!

Too late now.

Could have taken it down brick by brick and build it elsewhere! They do that at heritage museums!

Although we don't want what happened in Cannon Hill Park!

Too late now.

ell there are much more deserving buildings such as the golden lion cannon hill park to take down and rebuild elsewhere and if they wont save that then this pub had no chance..such a shame though..the adventure and the aston social club are next on the list for demo..

lyn

Last edited:
Golden Lion was what I meant!

Assume that there are old photos to keep them in the memory!

A lot of pubs are being converted into buffet restaurants!

yes ell i guessed you meant the golden lion...as you prob know its now in such a bad state i just cant see it being saved...never know though..fingers crossed..

That is a sad sight to see what fun we had in their before the games at Villa Park singing the football songs meeting old friends and new now the younger generation of fans will never know what it was really like. Not forgetting the locals that drank in their all gone.

Hi frothy
Yes the road will widen and fancy apartments will be built there on the Edward grounds as its been often the case
But there again it just might be an hotel for people coming off the motor way or a badly needed MacDonald's Or KFC
One or the others and applies to the Albion block of apartments. Astonian,,,,

Back