• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kane family!

Kellyshaw9

Hi everyone,

I am trying to locate a friend's family, but I have very limited information.

He was born under the name Stephen Kane, at Selly Oak Hospital on 18th July 1960.

His mother's name is Marion/ Marian Janet Kane.

At the time of Stephen's birth, Marion was a Hand Press Operator and lived at 4 back 69 Peel Street, Birmingham, however was in residency at 15 Belle Street, a Home for Unmarried Mothers, around the time of Stephen's birht.

Marion's mother's name was Ethel Kane. Her maiden name was Ethel Barrowclift. Circa 1942 Ethel was a mineral waters tester and lived at 4 back 69 Pell Street. We believe Ethel died in November 2007 in Droitwich.

Marion's father was Joseph Kane. He was a scaffolder around 1942 and later a Ball Mill Operator at a chemical works circa September 1948.

Marion had a brother called Peter Kane. He was born on 2nd September 1948. At that point the family lived at 124 Park Road.

It seems that Marion had a sister born around 1945, another sister born around 1951 and another brother born around 1946.

If any of this rings a bell with you, please get in touch.!

Many thanks for your time.

Kelly

HI MARION
Just been reading your request about peter kane
when you said park rd i am wonering where your park rd is
i know of two kanes and the one i have n mind his peter kane
whom lived in harborne park rd by the qe hospital and the mother was a receptionist at the Q E hostpital afew years back and how are you spelling pell
street or is it peel street because befpore there he was down arond that area
years ago if we are talking of the same fmily please let us now best wishes Astonian;;

Hi astonian,

My name is Kelly and I'm writing on behalf of a friend who is looking to locate Marion and Peter Kane.

I'm not sure exactly which Park Road the record refers to, although it does say birmingham 6, if that means anything.

And yes I do mean Peel street not Pell street! Could this be the same family?

Many thanks

Kelly

HI KELLY;
If you are certan its peel street then its definately the peter i know
whom i knew many years ago from peel street i last seen and spoke to
him about six years ago when he was living just off the harborne park
he did leave there but where he went to i do not know as i left the area
just before him he had not really changed from the years that i previuosly knew him from peel street ;
i lived in the block of flats just behind him as he was in the newer flats
in complex just off the harborne park rd b,16
he was a really nice guy polite and respectfull with a lot of frinds
most of us [ the gang ] i used to go around with all knew peter
like most of the lads he as a popular kid the mother as a receptionist at
the Q E hospital as i recall way back then;
but there is no question peter kane is the same little fella i knew if he was peel street beleive me i knew most peole from the area and most of all peel street
that was my neck of the woods and a lot of my friends whom are well known as well are from peel street i will try and recall anybody whom associated with peter and come back to you ; best wishes Astonian;;

We are now getting into the whereabouts of living people and it is also a delicate subject.

I have sent you a PM Kelly with info you may find helpful. Alberta

Soniagreavesy said:
Hi Kelly, my name is Sonia. I'm getting intouch with you for a friend. Not sure where to start really but here goes. My friend is looking for her brother Stephen kane born at selly oak hospital on 18/7/1960 their mothers name is Marion kane. Stephen may not know he has a sister as he was adopted out first. My friends name is Vivian kane and was born 1-12-1961 mothers name was Marion kane they lived at 4 back 69 peel street. Vivian has been trying to find her mother and brother for years but had no joy up to now!! I so hope this is the right Stephen kane and that they can be reunited after all these years. Please please reply back where I can give out further details for Vivian xxx Ty so much xxx
xxxxxx

yes he lives in harbourne still so i imagine he still is living there in the area also does marion

I wonder if this family were related to a guy we knew in Park Rd Hockley, his name was Eddie Kane,this would of been in the 1940s. my brother in Australia would love to know if he is still around.Regards Eddyjay.

Hi Everyone

I appreciate this posted started a while ago, but I'm looking for some help in locating some of the Kane family mentioned in the first part of this thread. My grandmother was a sister of Joseph Kane (who married Ethel Barrowclift), but we don't know much about what happened to Joseph and Ethel - apart from what is mentioned in the posts from this thread. I was wondering if anyone is still in touch with any of their children (Maureen, Peter, Marion and Margaret) or any of their grandchildren (I think Simon and Vivian have been mentioned above). If anyone is able to pass on any information then that'll be great, but if possible please could you send me a private message as we're discussing people who are still living.

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Chris

Back