• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Julie Walters

W

Wendy

There has been a lot of chat about Julie on other threads so I thought she deserves a thread of her own. I have always loved her acting style and above all that Brummy humor. One of her recent television films which she played a Liverpudlian. The film was called My Beautiful Son which was a very moving story but with Julie's humor it was truly magic for me!

Born in Smethwick I think her mother was Irish by the name of O'brien - she went to a convent school in Birmingham - She is married now and lives in Sussex

A fantastic Brummie:2006:

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRZNdM1P3E"]YouTube - Julie Walters tribute[/ame]

From 'Educating Rita', 'Boys from the Blackstuff' to 'Mrs. Overall', all her performances are pure magic. A brummie gem! A star! Just love her.

Ann

'Mrs Overall' in Acorn Antiques-The Musical.
Classic Julie!
[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQJ12Dhb-M"]YouTube - Acorn Antiques the Musical! - "Macaroons" (Julie Walters)[/ame]

If you like Julie Walters you must go and see her in the new film Mama Mia she is just so funny. I thought she made the film. She just shines.:)

She is one fab lady - I wrote to her as she went to my school and was two years ahead of me. She took the time and trouble to reply and talk about the Deputy Head. She will always be a down to earth Brummie, a lovely person.

I understand she was brought up in Bearwood, Bishopton Road, went to Holly Lodge Girls School, only just over the border from Birmingham and as there isn't any town such as Sandwell I think we are justified to claim her as our own!

It's interesting that when Smethwick voted whether or not to become part of Birmingham the vote was lost by one hand!

Local companies however thought otherwise and it rare to find a Smethwick company who did not show their address as Birmingham.

Why do things have to change, Sandwell, what on earth is that all about, even sounds 'orrible.

Julie Walters, what a star, a true actor who dosnt play herself but other characters--didnt she work at the Queen Elizabeth?

Julie's the next one to recieve a star on Brums Walk Of Stars

Back