• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Joe Brown

KathyP

master brummie
Does anyone remember seeing Joe Brown at the Bham Hipp (I think) in the early 60's. He topped the first half. When the curtain came up he was standing side ways on to the audience in a red suit. When he turned to face the crowd, the other half of his suit was yellow! It was not my Mom's cup of tea and so I never got to see the top of the bill ~ Billy Fury.

I was there,

it was a tribute concert to the great Eddie Cochrane who had got killed in a car crash in England earlier in the year.

I met Joe in the 80's when I did a pilot show for the Price Is Right. He sadly lost out to Lesley Crowther. He is a lovely Man and was as nervous as me!

Showin my age now...

Joe Brown was my first Guitar hero. Saw him on TV not long ago in a George Harrison tribute concert. All those big name guitarists on the bill, and then he steals the show playing I'll see you in my dreams on a Yukelelle.

I met Joe Brown outside the theatrical boarding house on Moseley Rd next to the Library, Its a Sikh Temple now. I think I might have mentioned this before somewhere on the Forum. I think I must have been going swimming or coming back. He and several other up and coming pop stars were appearing on one of the Saturday evening pop shows and were staying at the boarding house. They were all getting in to an old jazzed up Ford Popular that was painted many colours.

They stopped and chatted to us for a while, Joe seemed quite willing to stop and chat but the others kept calling him to get in to the car so off he went. I still remember what a nice bloke he was and that he had got time for us. Though once the fans found out where they were stopping it was another matter.

Phil

Back