• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

JK's ARTWORK

That's brilliant :) I'm sure your grandchild will love that, I'm not very arty and envy you, i would have loved to be able to do something like that in my childrens bedroooms

John - fantastic. Get ready with Thomas the Tank Engine, then Power Rangers, then Lord of the Rings, then High School what-ever-it-is and then finally a full size Jordan.

You grandson is lucky to have such an artistic grandpa.

Keith :)

Does anyone remember the old buildings behind the Bell pub in Northfield ? here's a couple of very rough quick sketches I did 15 years ago I don't know if they are still there.

Great work John. The mural is perfect. The buildings sketches are very good.
I can't draw for toffee...remember that saying. So I really appreciate seeing people's artworks.

Lovely work John My grand daughter is also very talented and has a small website. She thinks she is rubbish which is a good thing as it hasn't gone to her head. Show us some more of your work please John. Jean.

Excellent JK. It brought to mind a mural in the art room at Bishop Challenor KH. Done by - if I remember correctly Anthony Higgins (pupil) - maybe others time dims the memory.

Lovely stuff John, if they are rough around the edges then I was done, I lived in one like that in Marston Green:)

JK Your art is really great..so colorful and full of life.
I'm sure it will bring a lot of happiness for everyone, not just the baby. Regards, JoAnne

PS. I also paint but haven't done much of late.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks.
I used to do quite a bit at one time and then suddenly
got bored with it, I suppose being a signwriter all my working life(and even now still doing bits), I looked for something else to do away from paint pots, and turned to photography and computer design.

Here's a replica bus I did a few years back, I believe it went to Blackpool.
And another bus I did for Capital radio in London, (that's me lurking on the side).

JK I really like your sketches of the old buildings - they are, to my mind, very atmospheric. Thank you for sharing your work. Do you have any more sketches you could share?

Anthea:)

Yes they make the subject live. My drawing skills are completely absent, but i do like these, and wish I could do something like this

Thank you Mike,I'll put some more on when I've done them,she's my great granddaughter Niamh aged 4, the building is in Overbury, nr. Tewkesbury where my daughter lives.

Love your drawings John, it must be great to be able to draw.
I was wondering if maybe you could replace the earlier ones you put up, it would be lovely to see them as well!
Thanks for sharing, hope to see more of your work :positive:

Great sketches John, partiicular like your portraits, not the easiest of subjects to attempt. A subject I have recently taken up and find it challenging but enjoyable. Would love to see more of your work, always interested in a fellow artists output. Eric

31-01-2013 003.jpg31-01-2013 004.jpgThank you,it is nice to have a few favourable comments.(but I don't mind folks giving me a bit of stick ha ha,).
These are the only two I can find from the last time of posting.
They were done very quickly on site with the intention of making bigger more detailed ones,but sadly never got round to it.

Thank you Eric, I am a great admirer of your work, I could never quite master watercolour, but have just bought myself a new table easel, and a 1948 Windsor & Newton watercolour sketchers box I picked up at a car boot for £7 still with some of it's original colours in ceramic pans,I'm going to have another bash at it.

Lovely pictures John it makes me want to get my pencils and paints out - although I am nowhere near the standard of you and Eric - mine attempts are very amateur. The pictures you did of behind The Bell, Northfield brought back some memories as I used to drive down there regularly. The Bell has long gone but I think some of the old buildings are still there.

Lovely work John, thank you for posting them. It's a pity so many are missing from this thread :((

Back