• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jessop Robert and Alice May

Mr Zippy

master brummie
Hi,

I am interested in hearing from anyone who is related to a Robert and Alice May (nee Moseley) Jessop, who in 1911 were living in Gilbert Road, Smethwick. Robert was a baker. I am unable to identify any records beyond the 1911 census. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I have a vague memory of a "Mr. Jessop" who used to live in that road, he had a taxi. Around the late 1960's I think.
rosie.

There are some possible deaths. Alice M in Brighton Sep 1938 aged abt 70 and A Robert George in March 1970 aged 95 in Kidderminster. Not sure if either of these fit?

Janice

Hi Janice, thanks. The Kidderminster record is interesting as his sister in law, Kate, ended her days in Blakedown. Kate was living with Robert and Alice May in 1911.

Hi Mr Zippy,

I was very interested to see you have a family of Jessops who lived near mine. I didn't find a close relationship, but thought there may be, as we had at least 5 generations of bakers in the family. I just want to let you know! This is the furthest back I can be sure of, this is the grandfather of of my 2x great grandfather Hubert Cornelius Jessop , b. 1851, d. 1930 :

Name:William Jessop
Estimated birth year:abt 1791
Where born:Warwickshire, England
Civil Parish:Birmingham
Hundred:Birmingham
County/Island:Warwickshire
Street address:

bracketS.png

View image
Registration district:Birmingham
Sub-registration district:St Paul
Neighbors:View others on page
Piece:1144
Book:1
Folio:37
Page Number:25
Household Members:

Thanks Lu,

Could be a distant relative of the bakers you are researching. Robert's father was not a baker and I dont think he started his working life in that trade. So, something led him down that path. Cheers.

Back