• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jenney's/ woolley's/shelley's of aston & nechells

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS

I have him here including picture of him....Born 1870 to Thomas Woolley and Hannah Liney ?

I have him here including picture of him....Born 1870 to Thomas Woolley and Hannah Liney ?

Amanda, can you post the pic of Thomas Albert & PM me with how he fits into your tree so I my look to what we have in common Thanks, Keith

Hi Keith,sorry i haven't been on here my son is really sick in hospital right now...I will get the pic for you of Thomas Albert and details of where he fits in my tree x Amanda

Hi Amanda,Sorry to hear about your boy hope he is well soon,many thanks your reply will look forward to your post.
Take care & look after your son ,hope to hear better news the next time you post.
Regards
Keith

MOM.jpgAmanda ,this is Thomas Albert's youngest girl My Mom.

Now looking into the Jenney/Nott Hobday connection:

William Wight Jenney Wife Elisa Nott Hobday Eagle & Tun Banbury St Birmingham .Need to find more info on the "Nott Hoday's Family"

any help would be much appreciated

I have just found a Woolley connection in my family, they appear to originate from New John Street West, then via Henry Street, Windsor Street and Lawley Street
to Watery Lane around the time of the 1911 census.

Hi pink woody hope all is well now ,do you have that photo of THOMAS ALBERT WOOLLEY ? & any luck with our tree connection ?
Regards [
Keith
QUOTE=pink-woody;412861]Hi Keith,sorry i haven't been on here my son is really sick in hospital right now...I will get the pic for you of Thomas Albert and details of where he fits in my tree x Amanda[/QUOTE]

My aunt (father's older sister) Gladys Marcella Hunt married a Thomas Woolley and they lived in Phillimore Road, off the Washwood Heath Road in Alum Rock. They had two sons, one is also called Thomas Woolley and the other one is called George Woolley - my two cousins would be getting on for 70 now - don't know if these fit into your tree anywhere. Gladys was born in 1909 and married Thomas Woolley in 1936

Sorry Glenys but My Thomas Albert Woolley was a TWIN I think we are not on the same tree ???? Thank you for posting Regards Keith

I grew up next door to a family of Woolleys on Windsor Street, Nechells in the 1960s/70s. The parents were named Jesse and Winnie and they had five children, one of whom I'm still in touch with.

Aston, there was a family of Wooleys living in the Stockland Green area. I only knew David Woolley vaguely. He was a bit older than myself and more my eldest brother's age...so he would be about 67 if he's still around. He went to my church in Somerset Road,Erdington.
That's all I know about the family. I am not sure which street he lived but it would have been close to Witton Lakes Park.

Hi jennyann, only just spotted your post about David Woolley. He was my lovely, lovely cousin and died in 1993. I miss him still. My grandparents Woolley lived in Knightwick Crescent as did David. I was interested to read that you went to St Margaret's. So did I.
I posted a message to The Baron recently as I believe our grandfather's were cousins. David would be related in the same way as me. Small world eh?

Back