• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jasper Carrott

One of my favourite jokes from jasper is the football match, he doesn't half take the mickey out of us brummies. Very funny man.

Just watched Jasper Carrott on the BBC One Show. Still very funny, and about to tour with fellow Brummie Bev Bevin (ELO), and other Brummiemusicians, including Tony Iommi. Should be agreat PR job for Birmingham. I understand that the tour will include Birmingham Town Hall.

Living in North Norfolk I hope to be able to see the show somewhere. Eddie

yep

Top man from Acocks Green like me
Only joking he is the best. Still remember the sketch of the moles
on his lawn in knowle. Didnt get one

mike Jenks

Hi mike
I think you will find jasper in his early days of boy hood grew up in old Ladywood it was some think walk as I can recall
It was when Ladywood was first ever being redeveloped it would have been the back of the old squirrel pub
On ladywod red was changed and redeleoped and then move possible to acocks green before his manhood and getting married and living in
Solihull as he does now incidently I ran the old red lion acocks green many years ago and I do recall a lot of the locals even today
Best wishes to you and the locals astonian,,,,,,

I had a Jasper Carrott cassette tape back in the day. I put it on while travelling in the car. After about 10 minutes, I was becoming dangerous, and faced with the choice of ejecting it or pulling in, I pulled in until it was finished.
Andrew.

Back