• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jasper Carrott

wessex

master brummie
Jasper-Carrott-A-Pain-In-The-Arm-317146.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Carrott

Jasper Carrott

He's been around the comedy route along time.
I had the pleasure to meet him a few times years back when I worked in accountancy.A real nice man away from the stage,and of course a great ambassador for Brum.

goldenballs_007.jpg

hello there, yes I agree a great man, and a full time Brummie, have liked his,
saying,You always tell a true Brummie, he wears a sprig of shamrock in his turban dont what the PC brigade think of that one?
cheers Bernard

I saw him at the Town hall years ago, very funny man
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePU5CIHpas"]YouTube - Jasper Carrott - The Mole - Animated[/ame]

Apparently he used to work at the 'Beehive' on Albert Street...

Couldn't agree more, he is a very funny man, and like most good humour
there is always an element of truth in it.

I love his story about the 'nutter' on the bus.

I remember kicking lumps out of him when he played football for
Hockley Heath Rangers in 70,s-80,s ,,
Ol Jasp was a good player & took his stick no complaints,
Also he always laughed through the pain making us all laugh afterwards
in the pub,, never bought a round though !!!.
Cheers John (Norman Hunter is a God ) Y,,,,,

Last edited:
What is it about comedians being tight when it comes to standing a round of drinks? I have heard it said about lots of them when I have been a club member. Also a lot are real miseries off the stage.

I watched the video and it reminded me of the battles my brother in law had with a mole he had at his place in France. Out in deepest, rural France they dont give a toss about daft laws ( bit like Brum) and most of the things would have been illegal in this country. One involved a device using shot gun cartridges his local ( froggie) ironmonger gave him.
Mind you it was nothing compared with when a stroppy family of badgers moved the next year, they gave the Jack Russel a nervouse breakdown.

Jasper Carrott does a lot of fund raising for my grandsons special school Sunfields on Clent Hills. He was their Father Christmas a couple of years ago and gives the school support in many ways. Have lots of admiration for the man. Jean.

Has to be one of the funniest men alive! My dad followed him around in the 80's, and that got me hooked on his comedy. Not rude, or crude, just very cutting and honest. Such a nice guy(from no personal contact) and one to catch up on with his DVD's if there are any!!!!

To cheer up you Blues Fans for the weekend
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_squi0cifkU&feature=related"]YouTube - jasper carrot birmingham villa[/ame]

hi

Made a fortune out of Sad Brummies and the Blues.
Londerners took to him like a duck out of Water.
I wonder how he would have got on with the more
Be-Spoke dialects like Cockney Georgie Liverpudlian
Glaswegian or Emmerdale.
Dialects are one thing but the poor old Brummie takes it
on the Chinn.

Mike Jenks

I met Jasper in a restraunt. After he had finished his meal he came and had a chat then borrowed a guitar from the resident entertainer and gave us all a few renditions of some 60s hits. My wife ofen sees him at a craft centre with his wife and grandaughter. A real genuine man.

I met Jasper in a restraunt. After he had finished his meal he came and had a chat then borrowed a guitar from the resident entertainer and gave us all a few renditions of some 60s hits. My wife ofen sees him at a craft centre with his wife and grandaughter. A real genuine man.

Well said,that's certainly the type of character he came across as to me.

He is a lovely man we met him after the show "Go Play Up Your Own End" at the Alex. We were invited to a party afterwards. I had a book with me written by Malcolm Stent (who wrote the original) I went round and asked Malcolm and all the cast to sign it. When it came to Jasper the flippin pen ran out so he asked around for another! A genuine bloke

HI

yes yes top man steets ahead of any other BRUMMIE. no 1 and still going.
CLEARLY WORTH A knighthood in services to BRUM. not bad for a lad
from Acocks Green.

mike JENKS

yes i agree too...my daughter used to wait on jasper and his mates in his exec box at bcfc..he was always nice a polite to her...

lyn

Back