• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

James Hardy - Canadian Pacific Railways 1906

pistonvalve

master brummie
Hi, My great, great Uncle emigrated to Canada in 1906 and worked on the railway as a fire man. Can somebody advise how to obtain his record. I believe his early days were in Ontario.

Thank you for any advice.

Mike.

Was it james robert hardy, born nottingham. If so then below is his provident fund card from https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/disco...provident-fund/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=1275&. there is probably not much else , as he seem to have left in 1911. The railway page of the website states that Please note that Canadian National Railway Company did not retain old personnel files of employees.

james_hardy_provident_fund__canadian_pacific.png

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. Wrong James, James Hardy was born in Aston 1874 the 1901 census shows him living in Washwood Heath, Highfield Road His employment was 'Railway Engine Stoker' In our speak a fireman. By location I would think he was employed by the Midland Railway at Saltley Shed (21A) or possibly by the London North Western at Aston Shed (3D). In Canada (1933) I have a reference as employed as a 'carman' no idea what this means other than they refer railway carriages as cars.

Mike.

Back