• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

James hanson

Christina

master brummie
I've been looking for James Hanson, born c1826 in Digbeth, Birmingham (Floodgate Street) on the 1851 and 1861 Census without success.

I've tried all the different spellings I can think of (e.g. some have been shown as Anson and not Hanson) but can't find anything. He didn't marry until 1867.

His parents were Joseph and Hannah (Westwood). He wasn't with his widowed mother in these two years.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Christina

I've been looking for James Hanson, born c1826 in Digbeth, Birmingham (Floodgate Street) on the 1851 and 1861 Census without success.

I've tried all the different spellings I can think of (e.g. some have been shown as Anson and not Hanson) but can't find anything. He didn't marry until 1867.

His parents were Joseph and Hannah (Westwood). He wasn't with his widowed mother in these two years.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Christina
Hi Christina, James Hanson was my great granddad and I believe he was landlord of the Anchor inn pub on Benacre street in Birmingham, Digbeth area! I’m told he was very big man with a bald head.I actually have a policeman’s truncheon that was kept behind the bar of any trouble kicked off,My names Richard Waters and live in kings Norton birmingham. Welcome to get in touch if you like 07792186767

Richard. We do recommend that people do not put their telephone numbers or emails on open forum in order to prevent spam. You can edit the post by clicking on the edit at the bottom of your post and then altering the post. If you click on the envelope symbol at the top right of the page, then you can send a private message to the respondent , which can only be seen by you and her

Bettyblue
I have just moved your post to this thread where someone else is also looking for James

Back