• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

James and Robinson, Bristol Street, B'ham

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Last night I went to a talk about WW1 at the Erdington Historical Society. It was about a despatch rider who later became a pilot. He had to provide his own motorbike and was immediately made a corporal because private soldiers were not allowed to talk to officers. As he was delivering messages to them this would have proved a problem!

However, the speaker Charles Brecknell, mentioned that Menzies (that's his surname) worked at James and Robinson, Bristol Street, Birmingham during the period June 1913 - August 1914 when he left to join up. Charles did visit the library here (he lives in Kendal) to try to find out more about this company but drew a blank. Could anyone help with any information please? I told him that if anyone could it would be the forum.

Back