• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jacob Winter Part V SECOND FAMILY

JACOB WINTER'S SECOND FAMILY
Jacob married Fanny (Freda) Abrahamson on 30th August 1916. Now Jacob’s father Abraham Yuda Winter is deceased.
Fanny was born in Leeds in 1890 and died in Brighton on 20th August, 1972.
Jacob (Jack) Winter died in 1959 in Hove.
They are both buried at the Jewish cemetery, Bear Road, Brighton.

They had the following five children, spread over eight years, all born in Birmingham:

Paul Winter - born in 1917 and married Phyllis E. Morgan in Birmingham in 1941 and had no issue.
Bevis Winter - born in 1918 and married Rose Brodie in Birmingham in 1943 (divorced) and then Deidre Clifton in Hove in 1949. Children are Penny S. (born in Brighton in 1951), Stephen C. (born in Brighton in 1954) and Alayne K. (born in Brighton in 1956).
Michael Winter - born in 1921 and married Gene (Jean) A. Romain in Brighton in 1951 and settled in Australia. They left on 22nd January, 1959. Children are David I. (born in 1954 in Dunstable), Judith M. (born in 1957 in Brighton) and Darryl (born in Australia).
Esme Winter born in 1923 and married Henry Wright in London in 1956 and divorced. Children are Peta J. (born in London in 1957), Amanda F. (born in London in 1959) and Ian J. (born in Brighton in 1961).
Vera Winter born in 1925 and married Ernest Harrison in Brighton in 1961. Children are Susan (Rebecca) (born in 1966 in Brighton) and Gareth (born in 1962 in Brighton).

Back